I realized once more last night how blessed I am. Patrick came to speak at the young adults bible study, and his lesson was on God's timing. This week I have had an awful attitude about my job. Patrick taught us last night that while in waiting God uses us in situations we don't think we should be in. We have to be the lowest on the chain of command and learn to serve others before you can ever become a leader. He made the point that God has probably already spoken his will for our lives, and we are in waiting now for Him to mold us and prepare us for whatever he wills us to do. All this to say that, God is molding me, using me to serve others, and preparing my heart for the journey I have before me. I am not more certain than ever that Africa is where I am supposed to be. that has been revealed to me, and this job I am in now is me serving others. I went this morning with a completely different attitude, I pray now that in the next week I can show the love of Christ to those I work with through my attitude and my joy.
My best friend from college is here!! We are having a great time. It's so great that she gets to see where I grew up! Michael gets home tonight, I am so ansy I can hardly stand it! I think like the whole church is going to be at the airport. I'm glad Meg gets to meet him too! That's all for now!!
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Africa needs you!!! :) Glad that is being confirmed more and more for you!
I agree God's timing perfect!! However if you are impatient like me....well sometimes God and I seem to be on a different time schedule!
Post a Comment