I made the mistake of telling my dad I was bored last week. He did something about that. He talked to their office manager at the firm and got me a temp. job. i had told him a couple of things that would effect my job, 1. my best friend is coming in town on Wed. and 2. I had agreed to babysit Ava for HollyAnn on Tues. and Thurs. He did not mention either of these when asking for the job for me. Yesterday was my first day, and I was pretty much miserable. The job stinks... Sure, it pays, but I'm not sure it is really worth it. My heart of course lies with children and with HollyAnn as she is playing out what the Lord has called her to do with the agency. I want soooo badly to quit at the firm. I don't know what it would hurt if I quit on Wed., except I don't want my dad to look bad. I feel like as far as my future goes, taking care of Ava will aid me more than putting numbers in a computer. I feel like if I go through with the responsibilities I have now and finish the project I have been given then there really cannot be hard feelings, but I don't know. Sometimes I feel stupid praying for things like this, but it is what the Lord wants, for us to fall at his feet and cry out to him over things that may seem insignificant in the long run. So what if I work 3 days or 10, right? I am soooo pumped!!!! Megan comes in tomorrow morning, a little bummed they won't let me off work to pick her up, and Michael comes home on Thurs! I am just waiting for the good to come this week as I struggled through yesterday!
Sweet Jesus, I lift up to you Michael and Megan right now. Be with them as they are flying into Uganda today Lord. Please protect them as they are flying back from Sudan to be with their family and friends. Help Megan as she is going home to her family Lord. Help them to be supportive of her Lord. Be with Michael as he is going to be tired, but yet met at the airport by a million people who all want to talk to him. Help them to adjust back to America Lord, but not lose the mentality of dying to themselves Lord. I also pray for Megan my friend. Be with her as she flies in from Dallas and be with our time together Lord. I pray that we can glorify you in the things that we do Jesus. I love you. Amen.
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there Mel! Growing up does stink...I still throw my fits about that some times! :-) Ava is excited about you spending time with her and so am I. We will be here whenever you are ready!
Love,
HollyAnn
Post a Comment