Monday, December 25, 2006
Brussels
We arrived at the hotel at 5am and decided to sleep until about 2 when we would eat a meal together and debrief. We went downstairs to the restraunt where there were a lot more tears shed and memories shared. It was a very special time for the team. After lunch we went downtown. It was so amazing. There was an amazing light show with a huge Christmas tree and a nativity scene. There was music and lots and lots of people. We shopped in the little stores, took more pictures, and explored Brussels. It is so amazing! Our first stop of course was the chocolate store! After we watched the light show for a bit we walked some more and found chocolate covered waffles. I only had a bite, but it was pretty amazing! Megan and I didn't eat the waffles so we went and got Kabobs with lamb meat. It was great! We walked around a bit more before going back to the hotel. The girls met in our room and we all prayed over Megan for the next leg of her journey to Sudan. Once more, there were a lot of tears shed. We prayed for a long time, then Karen and Diane went back in their room to pack. Megan, Trish and I had an amazing talk. We talked until about 3 am before sleeping for a couple of hours. We woke up Sunday morning, had breakfast together then walked over to the airport. We got all checked in, then the hard part came. We had to say goodbye to Megan, Michael, and Kelly. We cried, lots of hugs. We went through customs and the man asked if I was sad to leave because I looked like I had been crying. We stood in line for the security stuff. Karen, Randy, Ryan, and I were all talking, trying to talk about happy things. We got through security and boarded the plane to go back to the states. It was a nine hour flight, of which I slept a lot of. They were showing Talladega Nights and Elf, and I slept through the majority of both of the movies. My headphones broke in the seat as well so I couldn't watch the shows, so I journaled and slept. We got to Chicago and I was sick! Everything I had before the trip had come back. We hda some time to eat and shop in Chicago before our flight left. I made some phone calls and talked to friends and family. By the time we got on the flight from Chicago to Dallas we were ready to be home. I did not sleep on this flight at all, but it was a short one. We had just a bit of time in Dallas, the married women primped in the bathroom, to look nice for their spouses. I figured my parents didn't care what I looked like. I slept the entire flight from Dallas to Midland. When we got off the plane it seemed like it took forever for the whole team to get off the plane. We turned the corner and our families were upstairs waiting for us. My grandparents, and Brenda and Don were downstairs waiting for me as well. It was really great to see everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment